Many people see all the pretty pictures online of Farmhouse Style Decor and wonder “How can I decorate my home farmhouse style?”
There are many projects you can undertake and change the look of your home.
Decorating your home will not only improve its appearance but also increase its market value.
If planning to undertake such a project, be thoughtful, smart, creative, and detail-oriented.
Decorating your home is, without a doubt, exciting. But the process can be overwhelming.
The style you opt for should stand out and achieve the right balance and meet your preferences.
With a wide range of decor styles out there, opting for a farmhouse decor style is a decision you will never regret.
Many people have varied perceptions concerning farmhouse decor. The idea of living on a farm resonates in some people’s minds, but it’s not the case.
What it simply means is that you are decorating your home with a practical and straightforward approach.
This is an exclusive decor style that is open to interpretations regardless of the size of your home.
You have to think outside the box. For instance, if you are used to flashy and bright dcor, you can go for natural elements, texture, and soothing color combinations.
Is Rustic Decor the Same as Farmhouse Decor?
Rustic decor and farmhouse decor are similar decorating styles.
Both have some common elements like old time homey vibe with a country style look.
Farmhouse and Rustic interior styling also both highlight natural elements, like wood grain and natural fibers.
But rustic decor tends to lean more towards the rougher aspect of the old time look. While farmhouse decor leans more towards highlighting old time feel with modern elements.
Another difference between farmhouse style decor and rustic style decor is that farmhouse style tends to have more of an emphasis on white colors and clean appearance. Where rustic tends to have a darker, wood tone concentration.
What is Modern Farmhouse Style?
There is a lot that comes into mind when you think of a farmhouse style. This is an enduring style that has stood the test of time, and it has gone on to evolve to what many call these days modern farmhouse style. This is a warm, comfortable, welcoming, and timelessly fresh style you will fall in love with.
Coming up with a modern farmhouse design is not that easy if you don’t know where to start. This is a relaxed, comfortable, and classic design you can transform by adding modern touches. To come up with a modern farmhouse style, you have to emphasize your home’s comfort.
You don’t have to clutter your home with unnecessary decorations. It’s all about keeping your design minimal, casual, and open. Here is how to achieve a modern farmhouse design:
- Materials to utilize – Natural and organic material are what a modern farmhouse design is based on. Go for a mix of industrial metals and inject some natural elements.
- Add texture and improve that rust feel. Add elements such as seagrass on your floors.
- Accent your rooms by going for vintage finishes and shades. Ensure everything is clean and add a vintage feel.
- Create a cozy and open space where you, loved ones, and visitors can enjoy great moments and create memories.
- Mix and match your furniture. Include wooden furniture in your rooms.
Why is Farmhouse Style So Popular?
Over the years, the farmhouse style has become the in-thing among many homeowners. The decor has gone through a tremendous transformation, and it has gained popularity over the last few years. Here are incredible facets that attract many people to this style:
- . It’s family-friendly and works great for many homes. For many years, the farmhouse decoration has been a key attraction because the materials and finishes used to bring a naturally relaxed style that works for families.
- It’s a versatile style that easily complements other styles. Over the years, many people have been mixing this style with traditional or industrial designs, and the results are outstanding. You can easily play with many farm living ideas or inspirations to come up with a unique design.
- A warm and approachable style. Many people want and dream of the farm living feeling in their homes, and the farmhouse decor fulfills this feeling.
- The style is everywhere, and you will love it. You will find a farmhouse decoration in every local and online store. Media has played a significant role in promoting this home dwcor, and it’s now a trend you can’t run away from.
Is Farmhouse Style Going Out of Style?
The farmhouse design has been the go-to home decorating solution for many years. However, some people feel that the design has lost its charm even though some still embrace it. Perceptions about this decor vary from one homeowner or designer to another.
For many homeowners looking for the best decors to embrace in their projects, a farmhouse design is still the best option to go for. Many believe that specific design ideas are to avoid and enjoy the farm living feeling in your rooms. They include:
- Get rid of mason jars and opt for traditional, modern farmhouse decor like classic enameled metal plates and copper pots.
- Overlook that shabby chic if you feel it’s too much and won’t create that prominent first impression.
- Avoid the vintage signage if it does not bring in any personal reference to your home.
Some people might think that the farmhouse design looks cheap, time-consuming, and can be replaced by paint colors. It’s upon you to decide what feels good for your home and follow your heart.
What Colors Are Used In Farmhouse Decor?
Color defines a farmhouse design, and you should always pick one that will complement your style. Here are unique colors that will enable you to transition to a farm living inspired home.
Neutral colors: The farmhouse design revolves around gray and white colors. These are warm or cool colors every homeowner will love.
Accent colors: browns, blues, yellows, and teals.
Darker colors: like bold black, charcoal, and saturated hues.
How Do I Add Color To My Farmhouse Style?
The farmhouse style is a huge influence on many homes today. To achieve this style may seem daunting, but there are several things to put into consideration. The style must-have:
- Rustic architectural features
- Neutral colors
- Furniture designed with artisan-designed appearance
- Lighting using lustrous metals.
With this in mind, here is how you can add color to your farmhouse living style.
Invest in colorful cabinets, primarily gray and navy blue models. Glass cabinet doors can also add a pop of color to different rooms.
Go for tile backsplash.
Choose neutral colors for your house walls.
Use light fixtures to add an extra accent to your decor.
Your accent furniture will also add pop to your farmhouse.
Wallpapers are the fad, and you can pick designs that add a little personality to your home.
How Do I Change My Decorations to Farmhouse?
If you feel it’s time to pursue and add a farmhouse decor to your property, don’t have any misgivings. You can easily change your decorations and create a farm living atmosphere in your house. This is possible if you:
- Use bright colors and go for best-known neutrals.
- Go for old barn wood furniture and create a rustic look.
- Paint old furniture to match other items in the rooms.
- Paint the walls with pure whites or gray colors.
- Get rid of the decors you have and hang pretty wall art.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to decorate your home farmhouse design. Embrace incredible farm living style ideas and improve the look of your home and increase your property’s value.